Are you are student or recent graduate looking for work experience in web publishing and social media? My Friend Alice is offering really interesting internships, where you get to get some hands on experience across the board. Each day you will be taught a different part of the business. The internship is unpaid work experience.
- We offer a 14 day internship
- Days and timing are negotiable to fit in with your studies.
The successful candidates will receive experience in:
- Warehouse operations – processing orders from dispatching of products, to checking in returns. Stocktaking and inventory management.
- Photoshoots – Preparing clothes for shoots, assisting the photographer to make the shoots are highly efficient, fast and accurate. Cleaning away and tidying after the shoot ensuring the clothes are put away correctly.
- Web Publishing - This is the fun bit, where you get to be the editor of the twice weekly newsletter and produce a compelling and beautiful email. If you have graphic skills, great! If not , we can show you some tricks to create elegant emails. Creating cross sells.
- Writing - Writing product descriptions is a critical part of our online store. If this is your talent, great! If not, we'll give you some tips on how to write copy that people want to ready. There is also opportunity to research and assist writing blog posts too.
- Marketing and promotions – Setting up competitions and helping the Editor with Social Media.
Skill and Experience
- You must be a student or recent graduate of communications, graphics, arts degree or diploma, or similar work experience.
- You must have a genuine love of fashion and desire to learn everything there is to know about web publishing of an online store.
- Technical aptitude – you will have the opportunity to use a lot of publishing tools, so you'll need to be a fast learner on Photoshop, Shopify, Campaign Monitor.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience working with photoshop, or other photo publishing tools.
- Flair for writing and or graphic designer highly desirable.
How to apply:
Read and re-read this job ad in detail. Stop and think, is this really the role for me? If you answer yes to everything, and you're looking for a chance to learn some great jobs skills and earn yourself a fantastic recommendation, then this opportunity is for you.
1. In the subject line of the email, write Leura Intern and your name.
2. In your Introduction Letter, tell us why you are interested in this job.
3. In your Introduction Letter, tell us what experience and skills you have that you can bring to this role – addressing all the points we mentioned and relating your experience and skills.
4. Have your CV/ Resume ready to send too.
5. Then, email us, with both your Letter of introduction, and your Resume – and send to email@example.com.
We offer a 14 day internship.
Days and timing are negotiable to fit in with your studies.